Thursday, December 12, 2013

Character Highlight: Lorcan of Muir (FAE)

Continuing my series of FAE fantasy characters, here is the consort and right-hand man of of Queen Nuala, Lorcan of Muir.

He is designed to be 'that one villain' for a starting-level group; as a PC, he would be +1 Major and +1 Significant Milestones.

Lorcan of Muir
  • Aspects
High Concept:
Demon Swordsman and Prince-Consort of Fomoria
Trouble: Nuala’s love is cold, but it’s all I have
Other Aspects: Bastard of House Balor; I’ll handle it myself!; Anger is both my fortress and my prison
  • Approaches
+4 Quick
+3 Forceful
+2 Clever
+1 Careful, Sneaky
+0 Flashy
  • Stunts
- Since I am a Demon of the Blade, I gain +2 to Quickly Create an Advantage when in melee combat and armed with a sword.
- My Reflecting Blade technique is to be feared; when I Succeed with Style when defending in melee combat I can inflict an automatic 2-shift hit instead of taking a boost.
- None are safe from my Flashing Blade; when I am in melee combat with multiple opponents I can choose to assign shifts from a successful attack as I like to any opponent(s) within range.
- As Captain of the Fomorian Guard, my legions owe me their loyalty; once per session I may declare that reinforcements arrive on the scene.

Refresh: 3
Stress: OOO
Consequences
  • Mild (2):
  • Moderate (4):
  • Severe (6):
  • Extras
Fomorian Sword, Ancestral dagger, Travelers pack + horse
  • Background
Lorcan is a bastard son of King Balor VI (‘of Muir’ means ‘child of the sea’).
Never truly accepted at court, but never quite belonging to the world outside of it, Lorcan suffered a bitter and lonely childhood, building up a resentment that he cannot let go of even today.

Lorcan was one of the conspirators to bring Nuala to the throne. He loves and is loyal only to her, and her wishes are as his own.

But this reversal of fortune hasn’t done much to cool the fires at his core. He has a chip on his shoulder as large and burdensome as a mountain, and is easily goaded into a fight.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment