Friday, January 24, 2014

Four-Color FAE: Supers Gaming via Fate Accelerated - pt7

Game and character creation began this week. Fun was had by all. 
In further posts we will be exploring the world made at the table; but let's start now with Gary's character - The Fastest Man Alive: Mercury Man!
  • See the whole Four-Color FAE series here
***
Mercury Man

  • Aspects
High Concept: The Fastest Man Alive!
Trouble: I live in my Father’s shadow
Other Aspects: Here, there and everywhere, Faster than the speed of thought
  • Approaches
+3 Quick
+2 Flashy, Forceful
+1 Clever, Sneaky
+0 Careful
  • Stunts 
- Because I have superhuman reflexes, I can move two zones for free in a conflict without rolling instead of one providing there are no situational aspects restricting my movement.
- Because I can move faster than the eye can see, I gain a +2 to Quickly Create an Advantage when my Superspeed is a factor.
- Because I travel at supersonic speeds, I can spend a Fate Point to show up anywhere I want as long as I could run there, no matter how far.
  • Refresh: 3
  • Stress: OOO 
Consequences:
  • Mild (2):
  • Moderate (4):
  • Severe (6):

Vital statistics
  • Real name: Max Monroe
  • Alias: Mercury Man
  • Age: 33
  • Species: Human (Meta)
Power Facts
  • Superhuman speed 
  • Superhuman endurance
  • Superhuman reflexes
  • Accelerated healing
  • Background/Personality/Plot Facts:
- Nemesis is a female speedster known as Mean Streak. Could they be related???
- His father manipulated his genetics in the womb using his powers. Max discovered his abilities in his teenage years.
- His mother knew of this manipulation and told him on her deathbed.
- The general public knows Max is the son of Moleculon. The public does not know he is Mercury Man!
- There are forces out there that know of his super abilities and are keeping a tab on him because they fear the apple doesn't fall far from the tree,
- Max fears that because he is his fathers son, he may become what he fights against.
- Secretly Max is looking for answers. He will go to great lengths to discover more about his heritage and the Enforcers.
- Max chose his superhero name from the god Mercury. In a way, the name Mercury Man is a homage to the Enforcers and the gods among men that they were.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment